FCRCC Premier program offers world-class coaching with top-level training.
If you have been paddling for at least one year or have a strong athletic background,
If you want to compete at the highest level and have time to train,
If you want to commit more to dragon boat racing,
If you want to spend time with a group of like-minded, motivated people,
…Then keep reading!
2019 Dragon Boat Racing Goals:
Our team is planning to attend the following festivals. If you want to join us please Contact Us.
- Sat May 4th. FCRCC Knockout Regatta
- Sat May 25th. FCRCC W omen’s Regatta
- Sat Jun 8th-9th. Dragon Zone 500
- Jun 22nd -23rd. Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival
- July 18th-21st. Canadian National Championships – Regina, SK. Please plan on a July 16th arrival and departure on July 22nd (or later than 8 pm July 21st)
- Potentially another traveling goal will be added. Ideas are welcome!
2019 Outrigger Canoe Racing Goals:
We will participate in local races that do not conflict with DB goals. Program members can race OC-6 with other programs if that suits their individual goals without interfering with the team’s dragon boat goals.
What you can expect from the program?
- World class coaching
- Small boat training plans and motivated training groups
- High quality OC-6 training (Proof of successful completion of OC6 huli drill is a requirement prior to attending OC6 practices)
- Competition at the highest level
- Training with a group of like-minded, highly motivated, competitive paddlers
- Entry fees for dragon boat regattas covered
- A technique session in the indoor Richmond Paddling Tank
- Subsidies through team fundraising efforts to offset some travel costs for major away regattas.
What do we require from you?
We require your commitment to train and race with us. In addition you are required to:
- Mandatory weekend camps: May 4-5 and July 6-7
- participate in fitness tests
- complete a OC6 huli drill
- take part in in OC-1 time trials
- strive for time trial and fitness standards
- involve yourself in volunteer duties. This includes helping with fundraisers such as dragon boat clinics and the FCRCC Women’s Regatta. It takes many hands to support a successful team.
- complete the OC1 orientation through FCRCC.
- be a member of FCRCC. This allows you to use the dragon boats, OC-6s and OC-1s
- pay the team program fee (see below for more info on fees)
- attendance dragon boat and oc6 practices
When are practices?
- Dragon Boat: Thursdays at 5:45pm-7:30 pm(until Oct 25th, 2018), Sun 7:30am-9:30am
- OC-6: Tuesdays 5:45pm-7:30 pm, Saturdays at 7:45-9:30 am
- OC-1: various times
*If this is too early for you to get from work, we can usually make concessions so don’t let this be a reason not to join us.
Regular Practices: In February, we will have dragon boat practices on Sundays at 7:30 am and Mondays and Wed at 5:45 pm.
What are the costs?
There are two fees to be a team member: an FCRCC membership and a team program fee.
An FCRCC membership is approximately $300 (-20% for students). The membership year is November to October. It is pro-rated for first-time club members. Please visit FCRCC Membership for more information.
Our program fee is $325.00 ($200.00 for full-time students). Our year goes from Oct 1 – Sept 30. New members can come out and paddle twice for free to see if we are a good fit.
There are other smaller costs that arise in a season like race jerseys. There are also travel expenses to away regattas. The team does cover many expenses for our team members though.
The expenses covered for our team members
The fees we charge only cover a small part of what is provided to our paddlers. Thanks to years of successful fundraising, our program is able to cover many expenses. Typically, we cover:
- coaching in dragon boat
- periodic coaching in OC-6
- dragon boat rental
- small boat training plans
- dragon boat regatta entry fees
- Dragon Boat Canada fees
- accommodation for Nationals
- funding for International away races we attend as a team
- funding for athletes making Team Canada for the IDBF Worlds
Come and try us out!! You are welcome to come to two practices before deciding if we are the home for you. To attend or for more information please contact us through Contact Us page.
Where we are:
False Creek Racing Canoe Club
1318 Cartwright Street